Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Rhyming Resolutions


(And a-one, and a-two...)

Greetings, salutations, and happy New Year!

Blessings on writers, all ye far and near.

Time to steel our resolve to make some improvements

And better ourselves and give vices some new dents.

Therefore, here's a taste of my "should"-s and my "can't"-s:

Let's start with my first: write these posts in advance!

Do not see my problem? You'll see what I mean,

When I say THIS was written in 2019.

I've got more for my writing. I need to complete

My latest work-in-progress; the concept is neat,

And I think it's a fun read with elements real.

That leads to the next one: I'd like a book deal.

I resolve to attempt this as calendars change,

But thanks to rejections, my plans rearrange.

Oh well--I'll keep trying. Maybe someday you'll see,

A YA sci-fi book that's written by me!

Also, my short stories have been left aside,

But my wanting-to-write-them has never quite died.

Who knows? With my manuscript near it's last station,

A string of short stories makes a nice vacation.

In non-writing areas, I need to be getting

Myself ready for my eventual wedding.

Read my last post if you don't understand

That I'm quite excited for my future at hand.

So now that I'm done with New Year's resolutions,

I think we can draw some surprising conclusions:

If I need a blog post and am short on time,

My best strategy is some rambling rhyme.


Happy New Year!

Now I'm outta here.



No comments:

Post a Comment